Sobey’s is the largest of all the food retailers in Canada and there are more than 1,300 supermarkets in existence in the chain although they will not all be trading name. The headquarters is in Nova Scotia and there is a presence in all provinces.
They have been trading in Canada since 1907 and unlike many stores, still hold the name of the founder. John W Sobey was convinced by his son to go into the grocery trade and not limit himself to just delivering meat.
In 1949 they went into self service and customers could now visit and touch the products before they made their purchase. There has been a great deal of expansion and they established themselves as the main grocery business.
There is a private label used by the food company and although this has changed through the years, it is the same brand. It has been known as the best company, then Our Best, then Our Compliments and since 2005 it has just been known a Compliments.
When you have visited the store the owners would like to know what you thought. There is a survey that will allow you to give your opinion. As long as you are at least 18 you can take part.
Taking The Survey:
- To begin with go to the website at www.youropinionaboutsobeys.com .
- Select the language that you want to take the survey in and your options are between English, French or Spanish.
- Click “next” and start entering the details
- Put in the terminal number – this will be on the receipt
- Now enter the transaction number that is also on the receipt
- Next put in the store number
- Put down the day and time that you made the visit
- Click “take survey”
- You will now answer the questions and give you opinion about the store and service.
Now that you have completed the survey you will be entered into the prize draw. The winner will receive $500. Even if you do not get drawn out, you will know that you have helped out a local business and that you have had the chance to give your opinion.