The Oregon Employment Department is responsible to help people who are not employed. It is a government department founded for the benefits of the people of the Oregon. The deserving apply for benefits and they are not only aided but are also assisted greatly in finding a new job of interest.
- You must have a computer along with an internet access.
- You must have a valid e-mail address.
- You must be an adult which means that you must be about 18 years or older.
- You must be a legal citizen of Oregon.
- You must be an unemployed and you must not be the reason of deprivation of job for yourself.
- You must be having your social security number or alien registration number if you are an immigrant.
- You must be having your personal identification number.
- You must be ready to share your personal information correctly.
Step By Step Guide:
- You can apply for a week of unemployment benefits by telephone and you will be responded pretty quickly but for a more rapid way which is all about your convenience you can also go online.
- Click on the link www.workinginoregon.org.
- Once you have reached the home page click on the option which is marked as “File for a week unemployment benefit” and you will be directed to a new page.
- You will be asked of your social security number on the next page.
- Once you have provided the required number then click on the “Continue” option.
- On the next page you will have to fill in a detailed form of information in the required fields related to your previous jobs and your personal information. You will have to indicate the form of your job, your salary package, the reason of your unemployment, your field of interests and expertise and the rest of the essential information along with your contact information.
- Once you have completed the application form, then all you have to do is follow the instructions and you will proceed to the finish.
- Submit your application and your work is finished.
- You can check the status of your application right after 30 minutes of your submission.
- You will be given financial aid in the form of cheques.