The US Social Security is working for the citizens of the Unites States and they invest the money coming from taxes and this money is then collected and is given to the citizens when they reach the age of their retirement. It is a remarkable program and mission which is for the betterment and secure future of the U.S citizens. This money is deducted from the citizen’s wages or salary.
The services are now present online which is very easy and one of the most convenient ways. You can take as much time as you want to take to fill your application so apply for your benefits as soon as you can.
- You must be about 62 years old or of 61 and nine months year old.
- You must be having 40 credits which means for about 10 years of work.
Step By Step Guide:
- Click on the link www.socialsecurity.gov/OnlineServices.
- Once you have been directed on the homepage click on the first option marked as “Apply for Benefits”
- A drop down menu will appear and then you will have to click on the option marked as “Social Security Retirement”
- You will be directed to a new page where you will have to indicate that what your status is i.e. are you applying for yourself or are you applying for someone else.
- Once you have selected your status then click on the option marked as “Apply for Benefits”
- You will be directed to a new page where an application form will be waiting for you to get filled.
- You will have to provide the complete details along with your permanent residence, your household information along with your savings and financial status.
- You will also have to provide your personal information.
- You will also have to accept the terms and rules of the services.
- Once you have provided all the information required then recheck it and then submit your application.
- It will take time to process your application and all you have to do is to wait.
- You will be informed when your application gets accepted.
- Visit home Page: www.ssa.gov