Netspend is a prepaid debit card that makes it easy to make purchases at major retailers, has no finance fees for use, and makes it easy to manage your money from the convenience of your home computer. It has many advantages over a traditional credit card and requires no credit check.
- You must be 18 years or older
- Fill out the form to receive a card
- You must have a valid name and address
How To Do?
- You must first open a NetSpend card account @ www.netspend.com/activate
- Provide your name and address and they will send you a card with your name on it
- You will receive your card 7-10 business days at which time you can activate it
- You will need the card to activate the account
- Enter the card number into the box that is available on the home page.
- There is a 16-20 digit card number located on the backside of the card, you will need to enter that into the box indicated
- Click “Activate Card”.
- You will be asked to select a personal identification number to use whenever accessing the card
- Once you have activated the card it is available for immediate use.
How To Add Money To The Card:
You are able to add money to the account via free direct deposit, transferring money from a bank account, another NetSpend account, or by using your Paypal account, or you can load cash or checks by finding a location near you. You can use the website or your smartphone to find a location that is near you. Simply text 22622 to get a location near you on your phone.
Pros and Cons:
The advantages of NetSpend Card are:
- You can use it like any other credit card to make purchases online, by using the phone or at local retailers
- Having access to your money through use of the internet and setting up an account
- There are no minimal balances needed or finance fees for use
- Since there is no revolving credit, there are no late fees, or surprises for use of the card
- No credit check is required, everyone with a name and valid address is eligible
- Unlike cash, if you lose your card no one can access it
The disadvantages of NetSpend Card are:
- It is not a revolving credit card which means you can’t finance money
- It will not affect your credit rating if you are trying to build your credit score
If you are looking for the best way to get the convenience of a credit card use, without having to go through the process of credit approval, this is the card for you. All you need is a valid name and address to get started. Although it does not give you revolving credit, there is no way to get into trouble using it.