If you are register as an individual with the Massachusetts department of revenue then you can approach to all the service provided by it. With the help of this portal you can check your personal information as well as can file and get your return. You can access these services whenever you wish.
- Should be in Possession of Computer and Internet Connection.
- Should be a resident of Massachusetts.
How To File?
- First of all go to the link www.mass.gov/dor on your internet browser.
- Now click on the button ‘Individual’ given above on left side in a horizontal menu.
- Now click on the link ‘Filing and Payment Information’.
- Now in next screen you will find a link ‘File My Income Tax Return’ just below to I want to. Just click on it.
- In next screen click on the link ‘File Income Tax Returns, Extensions and Abatement’s’ given in left side vertical menu.
- After that click on the label “Resident Personal Income Tax Return’.
- You will go to the screen where you have to check eligibility before filing tax, therefore click on button ‘Check My Eligibility’.
- In next screen give the answer of questions in either yes or no. If the answer of any question is yes, you can’t file return. If answer for all the question is No, then click button ‘Continue’.
- Once you press continue, you will go to next page, where you have to click on ‘Log In’ for filing return if you are already registered. Otherwise you have to register first.
Pros and Cons:
- The first and foremost advantage of filing online is the return process faster than sending return on paper. The faster process of verification resulted in fast refund of tax.
- The department immediately sent the acknowledgement of receipt.
- It is easier to work with the electronic record as there are software that can draw data from the electronic return and speed up the process of preparation.
- The method is cheap and eco-friendly as there is no use of paper, no toner cartridges and no stamp required.
- There are some conditions due to which you can’t file your return electronically.
- Security is a major risk while filing online tax as a hacker can hack your personal information.
- Massachusetts is one of the divisions of state government.
- It is providing the social services that include the income tax and finance, child support to Massachusetts people.