The New York Department of Labor offers you a lot benefits. You can access their services online, which saves a lot of your time as well. If you fulfill the criteria for Unemployment Insurance liability than according to the law, you must have to register Unemployment Insurance. The criteria for the liability can vary with different types of businesses. Before registering, you must get a FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number) from the IRS (Internal Revenue Service. The procedure for registration is easy and quick as you can do that online.
Step By Step Guide:
- The first step for Employer Registration is visit the official website at www.labor.ny.gov through the internet web browser.
- Go to home page and click on “Individual” tab and click on “Unemployment Insurance Online” option by the drop down menu.
- Read the paragraph and under “How to Register as an Employer” click on “Online Registration page” link over the page.
- You will be taken to the home page, where you have to click on the button entitled “Next” at the bottom of the page, after reading the introduction.
- Now carefully read the instructions, if you have already been assigned the Employer Registration Number then give out that number in the given fields and after that click on “Click here”.
- If you do not already have the Number and you want to register then click on the “Click here” option above. And fill out the form by giving out the required information.
- Choose “Type” and “Legal Entity” and enter “FEIN”, “Business Telephone Number”, “Fax Number”, ”Legal Name”, ”Trade Number”, ”Submitter’s Email Address” and “Employer’s Email Address”.
- Follow the instructions and complete the registration process.
- In case you need any kind of assistance, you may contact on (888) 899-8810 or (518) 457-4179.
- You should have your Employer Registration Number.
- You must have your Federal Employer Identification number.
- You must provide the valid information.
- You must be eligible to register.
- You require a computer having safe and secure internet connectivity.
The New York State Department of Labor is one of the United States departments that
provide the service for employment security, our standards and payments, employment assistance, unemployment insurance benefits and many more. It basically works for the prosperity and well being of the community by encouraging, promoting and developing benefits of retirees, job seekers, wage earners and the unemployed of the New York. For the implementation of their mission, they hire proficient and skilled people, who strive for the well being of their fellow beings.