All Green Dot prepaid cards are accepted worldwide because they have one of the most comprehensive lists of participating merchants across the globe. One of the main advantages of having a prepaid card is that you can use it just like any ordinary credit card. The only difference is that applying for a prepaid card is a lot easier compared to a credit card where you still need to have an outstanding credit history so you can get approved. However, you are required to activate your prepaid card before you can use it for any transactions. The activation process is very easy and it will only take a couple of minutes especially if you have a fast internet connection. Once you activated your prepaid card, you can now use for your purchases or any other financial transactions.
How To Activate?
- To activate your prepaid card, follow this link: www.greendot.com/activate .
- You will go to an activation page where you will be required to provide several important information. When prompted, type in the 16 – digit number of your card on the specified field and also enter your social security number.
- When prompted, type the CAPTCHA letters that may appear on the required field.
- On the next step, type your card’s expiry date and its security code. If you do not have this kind of information, refer to your card’s packaging. Once done, click the Next button.
- On the required fields, complete the personal information sheet. Double check all your entries to avoid errors.
- Follow the onscreen instructions that may appear to complete your prepaid card’s activation. After completing the activation process, you can now use your card for all of your purchases and other financial transactions.
Online activation of prepaid cards make it possible for you to use your card as soon as you received it. The activation procedure is secure so you do not have to worry about getting scammed during this process. All the information entered online will be safe from unauthorized access and only user will have the authorization to use it.