Shopping for a gift for someone can be an arduous task. Everyone has different styles and is a different size. You can waste hours trying to find the perfect gift for someone. To save time, you can purchase a gift card for a specific store to give as the gift instead. The problem with that is the gift recipient is limited to choosing a gift from that one particular store. The perfect solution to this dilemma is to purchase an American Express gift card instead. With American Express being accepted at thousands of retailers around the world, the possibilities are endless. American Express does not charge monthly fees on unused balances so you will be sure that your gift recipient is able to use the full reward of your gift.
When using a gift card, it can be a challenge to keep track of how much you have spent and what is still available on your gift card. Fortunately, American Express makes it easy to obtain your balance anywhere you have an internet connection.
Accessing Your Balance:
- From a computer with internet access or a smart phone, go to www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards/
- From here you will see two options:
- Log in to manage your orders
- Check your balance
- Select the option to check your balance
- On the next page, you will need to click the button that says Check Your Balance
- Get your gift card and enter the gift card number from the front of the card into the field provided on the website
- Click See Available Funds and History
You will be able to see how much money is still available for use on your gift card, as well as a detailed list of transactions already performed with the card. It will show you the date of the transaction, the retailer the transaction was performed at, and the total amount charged for each item. Having this information easily available make it easier to shop with confidence online or in the store at the thousands of retailers that accept American Express.