The New York Times is a U.S. based newspaper which has been publishing news for many years since its foundation in 1851. The newspaper started offering its news in the printed form only when it started but with the passage of time and availability of other media such as the internet and cell phones, the company developed other means of delivering news such as email alerts, cell phone applications, online website for internet users etc. This company has also been able to provide daily updates over these media in addition to printed form of newspaper. The company has more than 1100 staff members who write and edit all the news in different departments.
Customers can subscribe to the email alerts at The New York Times website by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official web portal where this company offers its customers the ability to subscribe which is http://www.nytimes.com/newsletters/?action=click&pgtype=Homepage®ion=SiteIndex&module=SiteIndex&contentCollection=Email%20Newsletters&WT.nav=footer-nav.
- You can sign up for any of the mentioned category to get email notifications and newsletters.
- Some of the categories mentioned on this website are headlines, afternoon updates, New York today etc under the title “Popular”, opinion today, the upshot etc under politics, small business, bits and more under business and tech, movies update, times video under lifestyle and other special offers.
- Each category is provided with its name, short one sentenced summary and “Sign up” button. Click the button under desired category to register for its news alerts.
- Enter your email ID, state of the US where you reside and date of birth. Click the “join now” button to enter these details.
Using this subscription option, customers will be awarded a discount coupon which can be used for purchasing any item from New York Times and getting 10% off rate on that item.